Rob O’Hara, was born on August 22nd, 1973. Rob grew up in Yukon, Oklahoma where he met his future wife Susan (formerly Holshouser). Rob and Susan both graduated from Yukon High School in 1991 and, after a few years apart, moved in together in 1993 and were married in 1995. Rob and Susan have two children, Mason (2001) and Morgan (2005). The O’Hara’s have one cat (Don Piano) and one dog (Tessie).
After graduating from high school, Rob attended such prestigious universities as Redlands Community College and Southwestern Oklahoma State University before receiving an Associates Degree in English/Journalism from Oklahoma City Community College in 2000, and a Bachelors of Organizational Leadership from Southern Nazarene University in 2005.
Rob mastered the culinary arts trade at an early age through his adventures at Mazzio’s Pizza, Grandy’s, Pizza Hut, Pizza Inn, Heavenly Pizza, and Long John Silver’s. After a brief stint at Best Buy as a computer technician, Rob was hired by the Federal Aviation Administration in 1995. Since then, Rob has served in many roles, starting in technical support and serving as a computer specialist (LAN Administrator) before moving on to the role of senior network engineer. After working for a year in IT Security, Rob is back under the “computer specialist” umbrella, working on networks, security, and multiple other projects.
Rob’s email address used to be listed here — now it’s in the right-hand frame, tucked behind a bit of java code to (hopefully) obfuscate it from spammers …
See also Twitter.com/Commodork and Facebook.com/Robohara
Most of Rob’s hobbies connect in some way to technology. Here are just a few of Rob’s current hobbies and interests:
- Collecting full-size Arcade Games.
- Collecting old video games and video game consoles.
- Collecting old computers (retrocomputers) and playing old computer games.
- Interactive Fiction/Text Adventures
- Computer Security
- Writing (see below)
Here is a partial list of books, magazines and websites Rob has been published in/on:
- Invading Spaces: A Beginner’s Guide to Collecting Arcade Games (2008, Book)
- Commodork: Sordid Tales from a BBS Junkie (2006, Book)
- Retro Gaming Hacks (2005, Book, Contributor)
- Video Game Collector Magazine (Winter 2006, 6 Reviews)
- Video Game Collector Magazine (Summer 2006, 3 Reviews)
- 2600: The Hacker Quarterly (Fall 1998, 1 Article)
- Review-o-Matic.com (Entertainment reviews)
- IGN.com (Paid Freelance Reviewer)
– (Edward Scissorhands, Lake Placid, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Pantera’s 3 Vulgar Videos from Hell, others.)
- Digital Press (Monthly Columns: Extended Play and MAMExpose)
- The Log Book.com (Videogame Reviews)
- Review to a Kill.com (Managed/Edited/Wrote Reviews)